Earbud Hell

Discussion in 'Software' started by FighterJetMom, Jan 22, 2009.

1. FighterJetMom

FighterJetMom Private First Class

My family dragged me screaming into the realm of 21st century music for Christmas. I have never owned a Walkman, a Discman, or an MP3 player before December 25, and this means that I have minimal experience with earbuds.

Here is the problem.

I'm not a particularly small woman--I'm over 5'7"--but I have small hands and feet, and, apparently, freakishly small ears.

The crap standard earbuds that came with my Zune were enormous, so I upgraded to Smokin' Buds from skullcandy. The smallest caps still seem a little too big.

Is it just that I'm not used to the feeling of them, or are there really small earbuds out there? A google search on "really small earbuds" :-D led me to the V-Moda Vibe II. Any other suggestions? I don't want to drop a grand on a pair of earbuds, but I'm not averse to spending some money for comfort and good sound quality.

I suppose my other route is to go for something like this, or even more ostentatiously this, but I'd rather have earbuds I can stick in my purse.

In the meantime, I'm mostly listening to my Zune through the auxiliary jack in my car.

FJM the pin-eared

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

3. Mimsy

Mimsy Superior Imperial Queen of the MG Games Forum

I'm 5'7'' with big hands and feet, but small ears for ear buds... I know the feeling. I would go with Sony's in-ear phones, as they give better sound quality per dollar than Skullcandy, and their small caps are actually small. Price tag start's at around $45, and Best Buy has a good selection of them.

Note that in-ear buds take some getting used to, and if all you're feeling is discomfort, it might be a matter of not being used to them yet. If what you are feeling is pain though, by all means consider other options.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds