Earthlink Total Access Causing Problems

Discussion in 'Software' started by computergeekchick, Jan 25, 2005.

1. computergeekchick

computergeekchick Private E-2

I am not sure if I am posting in the right forum but here goes. I am working on a PC, compaq presario, w98se, that the user installed this Earthlink Total Access and everything went to pot. I uninstalled the Total Access, installed Nortons 2005, upgraded the memory, downloaded and ran; Spybot, Adaware, Spyware Guard and Spyware Blaster. Amazingly enough(!) there was quite a bunch of stuff even though Total Access has every blocker (supposedly) included. The PC runs fine when I pop in a LAN card and connect through my cable but when they connect via IE to Earthlink, it freezes up. I looked through the forums and tried to find a similar problem with no luck. When I googled it, one link stated that TA copies old versions of common DLLs to the wrong location and also updates the Registry to point to the old files instead of the newer files.

Is there a free download that I can use to clean up the Registry. I thought I had seen something in one of the forums for "CCL" perhaps???

Appreciate any helpful advise.

Warmest regards...jc

2. ASUS

ASUS MajorGeek

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds