East-Tec Eraser 2003 Pro

Discussion in 'Software' started by Harvey, Aug 1, 2003.

1. Harvey

Harvey Private E-2

Harvey here....
    Today, I purchased a software that I had contiunously read about through many posts on this and other forums. And for the longest time, I do have to admit that I thought that system mechanic was by far the best software for cleaning out information from the computer. But I have since discovered the greatest software invented since slice bread. EAST TEC ERASER 2003 PRO. After trying it out, it is by far the best software for protecting your computer privacy and vital information. Listen to me, I sound like a cyberspace salesman..Knock-knock:D :D But anyway, thanks to all the majorgeeks out there for your posts

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Harvey I have been using this software for a number of years and still find it a superb tool for not only erasing junk but it helps in clearing out the registry files some programs write ( mediaplayer 9 etc etc )

glad you like it, one thing I have found is that if you have your AV program running in the background it slows the wiping process down a bit, turn your AV off and you will find it runs quicker.

3. Harvey

Harvey Private E-2

Halo,
    Thank you for that bit of information. I will do that. And while I have your attention, could you explain why would there be a slight conflict between my AV and East-Tec? The last time that I had to shut-down my AV was when I was either installing new software or while defraging. Is there a good explanation for this?

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Yes if you have your AV running while installing software sometimes it can think its a virus ( its rare but it happens ) as for defragging if the AV is running in background it will check every file as its defragging and slow down the defrag process.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds