Easy Burning - Can't open CDFS Word files!

Discussion in 'Software' started by WilliamsEynon, Nov 19, 2007.

1. WilliamsEynon

WilliamsEynon Private E-2

Hi,

I downloaded the "Easy Burning" program form MJG a few weeks back to backup a few word files. I've just attempted to open a few of them from the CD but they won't open.

The CD contains a load of Word files, PDF's, Jpegs and files. All of which I can open and view absolutely fine. If I open one of the files, it shows the documents inside. Of these I can open the Jpegs and the PDF's, but cannot open the word files???

Some of these are copies of invoices and quite important for my Tax returns!!!!:cry

I've checked the version of WORD for the file and my current version and they are the same. I've checked the type of file, and it says read only!! I cannot change this.

I suppose I can contact all of my clients for copies of the invoices, but I wnated to back them up and be able access them????? I'd just like to know where I went wrong so as not to make the same mistake again in future!!

Thanks

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Have you tried dragging one of the files to your desktop, right clicking, select properties and unchecking the read only box?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds