easy website creation site wanted: with support

Discussion in 'Software' started by robertchikowski, Jan 12, 2013.

1. robertchikowski

robertchikowski Private E-2

i tried godaddy, wasn't impressed with the support/help situation; i'll pay more for plenty of help, i've never set-up a website, don't know html; i'm looking for a website that has lots of support, email, etc. for all my newbe questions; thanks

2. Norgates

Norgates Corporal

webs.com offers easy-to-make template websites which you can then alter, including using their canned websites, modifying their canned websites or going to full html if you want to. You can load your own graphics or use theirs. I've been using it for several years and like it.

There's also a company called Webstarts.com which also is easy to use and I've heard WordPress.com is good, but I haven't tried them out yet so I can't give much information about them.

For some of the "free" website companies, you need to read the fine print before you start. Webs.com and webstarts.com are both for free if you accept the ads and use the domain they give you which is usually your name followed by their name, for instance webs.com preceded by your own name.

With webs.com, it's not expensive to have the ads removed, but it's hard to find that option - the one which allows you to have them removed for (last I checked) 14.95 a year which is about 1.25 per month. If you want your own domain, this costs more. You can get a domain with them or you can buy an ad-removal package and have your domain point at your website.

There are other companies where you can set up a website for free, but then they want 50-70 dollars per month, so you have to watch out before you get started building.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds