eBay Dell Inspiron XPS won't boot

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by sire011886, Jul 23, 2007.

1. sire011886

sire011886 Private E-2

Used laptop that is supposed to be problem free only flashes LED lights and lock lights.

F8 does not bring up Safe Mode.

Lock buttons don't bring up lights.

Computer whines and fan blows.

LED lights: power on consistent green, batter flashes regularly green, bluetooth shines blue, processor never on.

Screen is not loose, no scratches.

CD drive opens and LED flashes, but XP Reinstall disk doesn't affect blank state.

I thought it might be a power saving issue - hibernation or the like.

I sent the seller an e-mail, updates later.

Thanks for the help!

- Anti http://forums.majorgeeks.com/images/smilies/confused.gif
    confused

2. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

There is so little you can do to a laptop when it is in this state if you have the manual you may be able to locate the cmos jumper and reset it other than that there are four or so parts you can change the harddrive and modem you can remove this and see if you get a bios screen if not unless you have compatible memory and cpu layin around to change out you cant test them

I feel for it sounds like they have pulled a fast one on you:(

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds