eBay problem "Network Cable Unplugged"

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Shaleigh, Sep 17, 2004.

1. Shaleigh

Shaleigh Private E-2

Please help! Recently whenever I browse eBay listings (to see item details) I get a "Network Cable Unplugged" error and lose my internet connection. If I wait ~30 secs to 1 minute, my connection comes back all by itself. If I navigate away from the eBay pages, I have no further troubles but if I continue to try and browse eBay listings, this error continually pops up. I have checked my cables, modem, router and ISP service.These are all functioning properly. I run a Playstation 2 off of this router as well, but the network cable unplugged error comes up regardless of whether that is in use or completely shut down.This problem is specific to viewing eBay listings. This does not happen on any other websites except eBay. Very weird. I am running Windows XP Home. Installation of SP2 did not solve this problem. In order to try to remedy this I have deleted cookies and my internet cache, run many anti-virus and spyware programs and come up with nothing. I have all windows and driver updates, I have tried disabling my firewall, and I have even tried a non IE browser. Nothing works! I'm beyond frustrated at this point...I'd appreciate any advice you can give!

2. mr_flea

mr_flea First Sergeant

It seems that something is filtering your internet access, make sure to scan for spyware and viruses (some nasty pieces try redirecting you to other sites when you connect to certain sites), also, make sure that a content filter hasn't been installed.

3. Shaleigh

Shaleigh Private E-2

I've run countless anit-virus and spyware...nothing! Any other ideas anyone?

4. dohootowl

dohootowl Private E-2

Shaleigh, I bet that it's your firewall! I had the EXACT same problem and even disabling ZoneAlarm didn't help but I forgot that my wireless router is also a firewall! A trip to their website revealed that a firmware upgrade to my unit was available. I downloaded and ran the upgrade, re-setup the router and the problem is GONE! Try it!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds