eBook reader database?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Mimsy, Jul 14, 2010.

1. Mimsy

Mimsy Superior Imperial Queen of the MG Games Forum

Does anyone know if there's a website somewhere, similar to anythingbutipod.com's comparison database, but for eBook readers? I have a pretty good idea of what features I'm looking for in one, but I'd really prefer not to have to go through and read six different reviews for each reader available out there if I can avoid it. A side by side comparison that lists the features of each one out there would save me a ton of time. Even dedicated site that reviews them one by one would help me. Anyone know of a good place to go for this?

2. Mimsy

Ahem. Disregard the above question, please. :-o While waiting for a reply, I found a website that has a comparison table, guides, helpful software, and all sorts of cool stuff.

Posting the link in case anyone else needs/wants it: The-eBook-reader.com

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Cheers Mimsy for that link as indeed it wil come in handy for some, I know my mum will find it useful.

4. Mimsy

Happy to help. I'm researching in preparation for my Christmas wish list... :)

Though if the iRiver Story wifi edition comes to the US and drops to a reasonable price level, I might get it myself long before Christmas. The thought of having all my books in my purse wherever I go is... appealing, mildly put.

5. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

Be a walking,talking library?

6. Mimsy

The Story apparently does audio-books too, so yes, that's a distinct possibility. :)

7. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

Cool.

8. Mimsy

Thanks, but I'm looking for info on eBook reader devices, not the books. I have eBooks aplenty already. :)

9. Mimsy

I saw that. I've also seen the reviews on that website, and they are neither detailed, nor of a large number of various devices. There are plenty of web sites that offer a lot more details about the Kindle, iPad, and Android.

10. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

Check the wording.
    It says that they "post" the reviews.
    I didn't see where it says that they actually review them themselves.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds