Edge Favorites

Discussion in 'Software' started by Earthling, May 4, 2017.

1. Earthling

Earthling Interplanetary Geek

In order to give Edge a fair trial I needed to get all my FFx Favorites into it, so I imported them and that worked fine but as I use more than one Win 10 system I also needed to be able then to sync Edge across all three systems. The MS way to do that is to use a Microsoft account on all systems, but as I use local accounts I chose to use my sync program, SyncBack Free, to accomplish this. The first requirement was to establish where Win 10 keeps the Edge Favorites, and Googling this gave me %UserProfile%\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\MicrosoftEdge\User\Default\Favorites. The problem is that this folder is empty, even though Edge displays all my Favs just fine :eek: So just where does Edge store favs after importing them from another browser?

2. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

Look over here.
    %UserProfile%\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\MicrosoftEdge\User\Default\DataStore\Data\nouser1\120712-0049\DBStore\

3. Earthling

Getting warm but still not quite there... Capture.PNG

After 120712-0049 there is also a Favorites folder but that just contains icon files for some, not all, of my Favs. That .edb file may be the answer but no way to read it.

4. Eldon

spartan.edb is the ESE file where all the favorites are stored.
    See if this utility can help.
    http://www.emmet-gray.com/Articles/EdgeManage.html

And don't forget to send thanks to Microsoft for putting all the favorites in an Extensible Storage Engine.

Earthling likes this.
  5. Earthling

I don't have time to study that article tonight but it looks promising. Thanks :)

6. Eldon

7. Earthling

EdgeSync on the home page solved my original question of how to sync Edge favs without using Microsoft accounts. Good find!

DavidGP likes this.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds