Editing a .exe

Discussion in 'Software' started by sublimi, May 6, 2012.

1. sublimi

sublimi Private E-2

How can I edit a .exe and make it require another file to run.

Even something as simple as checking for a .txt file in another folder in order to run?

2. sublimi

sublimi Private E-2

For some reason I can't edit or deltee posts, anyways I have resource hacker, just need to know how I can make it look for a file and require it for it to be able to run.

3. foogoo

foogoo Major "foogoo" Geek

I'd say editing the exe in that manner would take some kung-fu & more than resource hacker. What I'd do is make a "loader" with the icon of the program you're wanting to run and have it look for the file then launch the 'real' exe.
    If you download instant exe you can do this ..
    If True: File exists 'c:\test.txt'
    Run C:\WINDOWS\notepad.exe (Activate)
    End If

Here is the code for instant exe, copy and open iexe then select Extras > IX2Web > insert code from clipboard.

**iX200344 301A45MjkJ YzpcdGVzdC 50eHR8RQkw DQo0CUM6XF dJTkRPV1Nc bm90ZXBhZC 5leGV8TkYJ MA0KMTgJCT ANCg===*
    Then under file deploy wizard, set your icon and make the exe.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds