editing video from camera Sony DCR-SX40

Discussion in 'Software' started by Patty Ann, Mar 12, 2011.

1. Patty Ann

Patty Ann Private E-2

Have a Sony DCR-SX40/LC camcorder. Had to stop several times so my video of a baby shower is in several segments. Would like to put them all together for one video. Cannot find any information on this in the guide provided with the camera and on the online support. Editing functions described are those that are done from the camera and from internal memory to memory stick.
    I have downloaded all the segments on my computer. The software that came with the camcorder only has the above mentioned edits as those on the camera. Any way to hook the segments all together?

2. abekl

abekl First Sergeant

What format are the video files in?

3. Patty Ann

Patty Ann Private E-2

Moving recording format:
    Video: MPEG2-PS
    Audio: Dolby Digital 2ch

4. abekl

abekl First Sergeant

Do a google search on video joiner and you'll get lots of results, some for freeware. One that looked interesting was this:
    http://www.freevideojoiner.com/

5. abekl

abekl First Sergeant

6. Patty Ann

Patty Ann Private E-2

Thank you. I used videojoiner. It was very easy to use and results are perfect!!

7. sach2

sach2 Major Geek Extraordinaire

Thanks for posting back with your results, Patty Ann. I'm glad abekl was able to help you find a suitable program to join your files.

Thank you both. :) Mpeg-2 are not that easy to work with and it is good to see a program that works with vidcam files which are often troublesome.

8. Puppywunder58

Puppywunder58 Master Sergeant

I would not recommend SUPER, it adds on the BING search toolbar and triggers Malwarebytes protection and also COMODO firewall. Videojoiner does not keep the same resolution and frame rates as the original files.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds