editing wav files

Discussion in 'Software' started by plodr, Apr 24, 2010.

1. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

I rarely start a thread so here goes. :-D
    I own a DVD movie and was able to grab the audio from the movie. I now have 24 wav streams, which is the entire audio from the movie. I don't want all the dialog from the movie. I want to edit the wav files so I can burn a CD to play in the car. (Obviously my car doesn't have a DVD player because the easiest thing would be to pop in the movie and listen to it).

What program(s) can you point me to so I can experiment. They can be free or paid but if paid, I'd need a trial so I can see if the program fits my needs.

Thanks in advance for any help.

I will offer feedback on the pros and cons of any I try.

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi plodr

Dont know if Audacity would do this, worth a try, I have nothing with multiple streams to test with sadly, but as its free its worth a shot.

3. Puppywunder58

Puppywunder58 Master Sergeant

4. plodr

Thanks, I appreciate the links. In the next few days I'll be seeing if I can figure out how to do this.

5. plodr

I tried something called Wave Splitter for three reasons. It was mentioned on Gizmo Richard's site (he tests a lot of freeware and culls out the programs that are not the best), it is free, and it is portable!

It does exactly what I want with hardly any learning curve.

Earlier today, I edited 7 of my 24 streams. I'm very happy with this program that does only one thing - allows you to edit a wav file.
    Code:
    http://claudiosoft.online.fr/wavsplit.html
    I did not find a link at MajorGeeks so I'm posting where you can find this, if you need something like this.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds