eee pc wont start after BIOS update cancelled

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by rushy_m, Jan 19, 2009.

1. rushy_m

rushy_m Private E-2

gday,

i was updating the BIOS on my eee pc 4gb. Stupid of me i did not have it plugged in and the battery went flat. Now when i try and restart the computer nothing happens. the power light and wireless light comes on, but no screen activity.

urgent help required.

2. rushy_m

rushy_m Private E-2

forgot to add, the computer is running linux xandros.

3. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

So just to clarify, you can't enter the BIOS or boot from a floppy or USB device?

Someone might have a workaround, I know on CISCO routers a default IOS is stored in ROM. Honestly I think your best bet is to call/contact the folks that made the computer. Hopefully you have a removeable BIOS chip.

4. rushy_m

rushy_m Private E-2

the computer is made by asus. when i turn it on nothing happens, no screen life, just the power light and wireless light are on.

is the laptop stuffed.

5. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

I would call ASUS for info on it.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds