ehRec.exe Application Error on Startup

Discussion in 'Software' started by skloster, Nov 6, 2009.

1. skloster

skloster Private E-2

When I start my PC now I get an error that says
    "ehRec.exe - Application Error
    The exception unknown software exception (0xe0434f4d) occurred in the application at location 0x7c812afb." Then the error "Media Center Host Module has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. "

Once I cancel and close the error messages it seems to run OK but I'm mostly using Office 2007 apps and Internet Explorer only for now so not sure if it's affecting something I haven't run yet.

I'm running Windows XP Media Center Edition SP3.
    Thanks! :confused

2. LI_Geek_95

LI_Geek_95 Post-and-Run Geek

3. skloster

skloster Private E-2

Thanks for the link.

Hmmmm. I read through that and mostly find reference to ehrecvr.exe issues. Mine is a ehRec.exe application error, so I hesitate to make any of those changes. I did run my Media Player and it seems to work, it's just upon bootup that I get the errors.

I did run CCleaner and I think it started after that so I wonder if it removed something from the registry it needed? I restored the registry backup but it didn't make any difference.

At a loss :cry

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds