eliminate start up???

Discussion in 'Software' started by hellwaker, Sep 30, 2003.

1. hellwaker

hellwaker Private E-2

I have some unused program in the system tray and would like to "take away" without uninstall the programs. Any clues???

[​IMG]

2. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

what os?

3. NICK ADSL UK

NICK ADSL UK MajorGeeks Forum Administrator Staff Member

Hi hellwaker just go to Start then run and type MSCONFIG then click on start up and then untick which programs you do not require then reboot.But please be aware that some programs like real player will find there way back in to the system tray again.Should this happen just download a program like win patrol and this will help you with your start up folder :)

4. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

This assumes he has win9x/ME/XP.. never assume. Always ask first.

5. NICK ADSL UK

NICK ADSL UK MajorGeeks Forum Administrator Staff Member

Point taken kudo i have just come from my xp forum a small slip up on my part :eek:

6. hellwaker

hellwaker Private E-2

Sorry about that, just updated my profile

7. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

follow NICKS advice in his previous post.

8. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus MajorGeek

If you are talking about the icons that get left behind try this.

How To Clear the Past Items or Icons List in the TaskBar for XP.

1.Open Regedit Navigate to:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\TrayNotify
    2.Delete the IconStreams and PastIconsStream values
    3.Open Task Manager, click the Processes tab, click Explorer.exe , and then click End Process .
    4.In Task Manager, click Applications, click New Task , type explorer , and then click OK .

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds