emachine em350

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by kennyboy, Mar 31, 2013.

1. kennyboy

kennyboy Private E-2

i hope this is the right place to post this if not please move to the correct place.my son as a emachine em350.but i dont know whats wrong with it.it will not boot ive pressed f2 and this is what i see

cpu type: intel r atom tm cpu n450
    cpu speed 1.66ghz
    hdd model name none
    hdd serial number
    system bios version v1.06
    vga bios version intel v2001
    serial number lunah0d15304353cbd1601
    asset tag number
    product name em350
    manufacturer name emachines
    uuid 9ce64e36829cb19c21111c75080fff1d

as you can see where its got hdd name it does not display anything.and when its turned on this is what happens

check cable connection
    pxe mof: exiting intel pxe rom
    no bootable device--insert boot disk

i do have it backed up on a external harddrive windows 7.but even trying to reboot from the externel drive dont work ive set it to boot from usb but getting no where with it.is the harddrive knackered or am i missing something i do have another sata hard drive spare with windows xp on it can that be fitted and reformatted.if so are thay beasy to fit thanks in advance.

2. kennyboy

kennyboy Private E-2

anybody please can you give me any help with this ive been searching the net for 3 day now but with no joy. that when i came across this site hoping to get some sort of answear thanks.

3. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

I'd do as it says and check the cables internally.

The machine might not support booting to an external drive, either.

4. falconattack

falconattack Command Sergeant Major

Hi my friend , PXE is network related , go into the bios to opt for

First Device CD
    second device HDD

save and exit

if this doesn't work there is a possibility your hdd is faulty , do you know the manufacturer of hdd ? :wave

5. kennyboy

kennyboy Private E-2

thanks for replys on this laptop there is no cd/dvd writer.and in the boot setup this is what its got
    1 ideo
    2 ide1
    3 usb fdd
    4 network boot atheros boot agent
    5 usb hdd
    6 usb cdrom
    i did do a backup on a extarnal hard drive ive even tryed booting it that but it dont boot.now im thinking that the hard drive is gone.how do i know what hd is in there. when i look in main section it does have sata mode (ahci mode) thats all i can find ive tryed to boot it with all 6 setting but with no joy i hope this helps thanks.

6. falconattack

falconattack Command Sergeant Major

Attached Files:

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds