Emachine power supply

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by hobodewey, Jul 27, 2010.

1. hobodewey

hobodewey Private E-2

I have an old emachine T2893 that I am trying to get running for my grand daughter. When I attemt to boot, I get a message that I have a problem with the hard drive. Odd thing is when I first turn it on, the cooling fans run really fast but as soon as the HD starts, the fans run really slow. Anyone encounter a problem like this before? I think the power supply is the problem. Any help out there?

2. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

No I've never seen that exact problem but the first course of action should be to disconnect the hard drive to see if you can get into the bios and to see if the fans react the same.

3. rjc862003

rjc862003 Corporal

perfectly normal

4. voodoo3rd

voodoo3rd Corporal

The hard drive could be drawing more than its fair share and dragging the PSU down, try connecting the drive to a different PSU and see if the same happens.

5. rjc862003

rjc862003 Corporal

ya all are missing the point

its doing a self check I had a emachine that had a psu fan that would goto 100% fan until windows booted ... there is nothing wrong

6. mcsmc

mcsmc MajorGeek

Hi, welcome to Major Geeks!

What is the exact error message for the hard drive?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds