EMachine rebuild problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ldb, Jan 22, 2009.

1. ldb

ldb Private E-2

Our eMachine died.
    After doing a lot of research about potential problems. I went through the following exercises to see if we could revive it.

First of all - original eMachine T6112 stats:

* AMD 64 Athlon processor with 160GB HD
    * ATI Radeon Express 200 graphics built in to mobo
    * DVD / RW 16x double layer drive
    * CD-ROM 48x Max Read
    * 512MB DDR SDRAM Dual Channel Memory
    * 56k ITU v.92 Ready Fax/Modem

In my quest to revive I proceeded as follows:

Step 1: Replace power supply b/c machine would not power up.
    Replaced with Dynapower USA EP=50X.C563-BX 500W ATX12V Power Supply.
    Still did not power up

Step 2: Replaced mobo with JetWay JM26GT4 AM2 NVIDIA GeForce 6100 Micro ATX AMD mobo.
    Still did not power up.

Step 3: Realized that memory from original mobo did not fit and processor had some damaged pins.
    Installed new memory (2 2GB CORSAIR ValueSelect 240-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR2 533 Dual Channel Memory Cards and installed new processor (AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+ Brisbane 2.5GHz Socket AM@ Dual Core Processor

After all of these steps, machine powers up and all is running but all I can get on the monitor is "No signal Input" - I've checked the new mobo manual to see if I need to reset anything and can find no instructions on resetting. I know I may need to re-install the OS and all that, but I can't even get something to come up on the monitor to tell where I'm at.

Also notable, I hooked HD up as a slave to another computer and HD is coming up. Monitor is in working order as I've plugged it in to a different tower and all runs fine.

Any ideas are welcome as to what my next step should be. TIA
    Go to the top of the page

2. Ginge7289

Ginge7289 Private E-2

Hmmmm, maybe a dodgy board with the on board chipset?

Have you tried putting the old card in to see if it will work with that?

Dunno if it would work without disabling on board graphics though.

It must be a a graphics problem.

Options are try the card, see if that works, if not get another board I suppose not much else you can do.

The reviews say it is a really easy board to install, maybe you just got a bad one. It happens.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds