Emachine W2247 processor upgrade

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by nmthjk, Sep 25, 2007.

1. nmthjk

nmthjk Private E-2

What "newer" processor can I use to upgrade an Emachines W2247? It has a KM266, socket A I believe?

2. pclover

pclover MajorGeek

Whats your current CPU?

3. nmthjk

nmthjk Private E-2

It's a Socket A, VIA AMD XP220

4. tunered

tunered MajorGeek

With out knowing what motherboard is in that pc, pretty much taking a guess, there should be some numbers on that mb, emachine links dont work for me for some reason, cant find no spec's for that pc. ed

5. pclover

pclover MajorGeek

tunered is right. Also what do you plan to upgrade to in GHz? Is there something you want to run or do you just want a faster CPU in general?

6. Stenmin1

Stenmin1 Private E-2

It is a KM266 Chipeset for Socket A CPU's up to 266 FSB.
    From a quick glance, it looks like the fastest upgrade you could get is an Athlon XP "Barton" 2800+

EDIT: Looks like there are 2 different Barton 2800+ with that speed, one having a FSB of 333 and the other of 266. You would need to find one with a 266 FSB. An Athlon "Thorton" 2600+ would be the next best thing, and probably much easier to find.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds