emachines boot menu?

Discussion in 'Software' started by ohnodroneo, Aug 25, 2008.

1. ohnodroneo

ohnodroneo Private E-2

does anyone know the emachines boot menu command? (on my dell its f12)
    it wont start from anything but cd.

easy question, but thanks!

2. Cat_w_9_lives

Cat_w_9_lives Major KittyCat

BOOT Menu F10

3. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

Keep in mind that not all PCs have a boot options menu. Most newer ones do, but if it's more than 1 or 2 years old, it may not have it as an option. If it doesn't just go into the BIOS (either F1 or F2 or Del) and set up the boot order how you want it....

4. ohnodroneo

ohnodroneo Private E-2

f10 wont work

how do i get to the BIOS menu on the eMachines?

5. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

If you posted the model number of the PC, we could get more precise info, but then again, so could you. A visit to the EMachine support page and a quick look at the manual for the PC should answer all your questions. Since EMachine has been in business for 15 years or so, they have many models, and they all don't use the same thing for getting into the BIOS. The three keys I posted earlier, and again here, are the most common. You can also try to press Tab at the logo screen; that commonly closes the logo and shows the user what's going on behind it, including the press-this-key-for-BIOS-setup-prompt....

Good luck!

Last edited: Aug 27, 2008
  6. dc57

dc57 Private First Class

I agree,
    If it's an older model, I think the Delete key should do it for you.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds