email attachments do not forward

Discussion in 'Software' started by edbulmer, Sep 21, 2010.

1. edbulmer

edbulmer Private E-2

I use yahoo as my email service and I am using windows 7. Whenever I forward an email to another customer or friend everything but the attachment shows up. Doew anyone know if there is a setting I have disabled or something that does not allow attachments to go through.

2. Caliban

Caliban I don't need no steenkin' title!

Greetings, edbulmer.

You might want to make sure Yahoo is your default email service. Also, make sure any antivirus software you're running is not interfering with sending attachments.

3. usafveteran

usafveteran MajorGeek

I suggest you do some testing. If you don't have another email account, create a (Google) gmail account and forward a message with an attachment to your gmail account to see whether it goes through. I just did this same test using my Yahoo and gmail accounts and the attachment went through. I searched through settings options in Yahoo Mail and found nothing pertaining to attachments so I believe Yahoo Mail normally includes attachments with forwarded messages.

Possible causes of an attachment not going through might be file size (too large). Also, I believe Yahoo Mail messages get scanned for virues on Yahoo's mail server and that could stop some attachments from going through. So, again, try some test messages and different attachments between two personal email accounts and see whether you can draw some conclusions from that testing.

If you succeed in forwarding a message with an attachment to yourself, this may indicate the problem is on the receiving end, i.e. your recipients.

Edit: this reference may be helpful: http://email.about.com/od/yahoomailtip1/qt/How_to_Send_an_Attachment_with_Yahoo_Mail.htm

Last edited: Sep 22, 2010

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds