Email problem on local network

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by racarl, Mar 23, 2008.

1. racarl

racarl Private E-2

I have a home network using a DLink DI-664 revC router and one Desktop on ethernet link and a laptop on the wireless router. The problem appeared a few months ago with the laptop using the wireless connection. The laptop uses Windows XP, SP2 and IE7. I can receive emails on the laptop, but cannot send emails. I can use the internet to download files and order/buy items form internet websites. I have two separate email accounts, one for the desktop (myself) and one for the laptop (spouse). I can send an email to the desktop computer, from the laptop using my email address. I can send an end around email to the account on the laptop, from the laptop. Cannot send an email to any other email address. I have reset the router setup with Dlink support. I have discussed with my ISP, who claims the problem is not at their server location. Any suggestions, tools or Windows switches, IE switches or controls to try next?
    Thanks,

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds