Email program similiar to Outlook Express for Windows 7

Discussion in 'Software' started by MRM, Aug 26, 2012.

1. MRM

MRM Private E-2

I just recently got a new home PC with Windows 7. My big complaint about it is the sorry email program Windows Live Mail. I know some people like it, but I don't.

What I'm looking for is something similar to Outlook Express that has kind of the same look and will also allow for multiple identities and being able to switch between them (go to one indentity to read those emails only, switch to another identity to read those emails only). My wife and I keep our emails separate to prevent confusion of whose we are reading. Windows Live Mail doesn't allow for that.

2. sach2

sach2 Major Geek Extraordinaire

I found the transition from Outlook Express to Thunderbird was very intuitive. I made the switch 5 years or so ago so I can't say how similar the two programs are now but I think it is the closest to OE.

3. MRM

MRM Private E-2

My complaint about Thunderbird is when you open the program, it goes to the last place you were at when you closed it. In other words, if a spouse was looking in their inbox and closed it and the other spouse opens Thunderbird, it opens directly to the first one's inbox and vice versa. It would be nice to open it to a start up page, like OE does, so a person doesn't get crossed up looking at the wrong inbox. That's the issue with Windows Live Mail.

I've tried out a bunch of these and none of them are worth flip. Heck, I'd be willing to buy one if I could find what I'm looking for.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds