Email send/recieve problem

Discussion in 'Software' started by old dog, Oct 17, 2009.

1. old dog

old dog Private E-2

G'day all,
    I am looking for a bit of help with my Email. I am using Vista with Office Outlook (Microsoft Office 2007). When I press the send option on an email it goes straight to the outbox and sits there until I go to tools tab and select "send/recieve all". The same with incomming, I don't get them until I click on send/recieve all. It wasn't like this with Office 2003 email program.
    A similiar thing happens when I try to send a fax but there is no "send/recieve all" option, so I can't send a fax.
    I can't seem to find this specific problem at Microsoft, so I am hoping someone can help.
    Cheers OldDog

2. Earthling

Earthling Interplanetary Geek

Take a look at the Send/Receive options in Tools > Options > Mail Setup.

3. old dog

old dog Private E-2

Thanks Earthling,
    That solved the sending problem. I don't know how I missed that! The setting doesn,t seem to work for recieving, but that's not a problem.
    Thanks again for your prompt reply and good advice,
    Cheers old dog

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds