Email timed out

Discussion in 'Software' started by Skysarge, Dec 25, 2011.

1. Skysarge

Skysarge First Sergeant

OP:Win XP/SP3
    Email: OEx
    ISP: AT&T - UVerse

Hope someone is around..This may have already been addressed, but I did not see such a posting .
    I want to send a file (52,105KB)
    About half way through sending I get timed out. Error message give no reason other than connection lost, timed out. No error numbers.
    Thought it might be too large, so I went tried sending it through one of the "large file senders." Upload failed!
    The file is a newsletter and is the holiday issue which I really want to get out today.
    I am able to send/receive other emails, connect to sundry web sites, just this is giving me problems.

Thanks,
    Hope all are having a good holiday.
    /SkySarge

2. tgell

tgell Major Geek Extraordinaire

According to at&t the attachment limit is 25MB. Not sure why your upload service failed though. Maybe you can see if Skydrive works for you. I have not used it but you can upload a file and share with only certain people. Can you compress the file before you upload it?

3. Skysarge

Skysarge First Sergeant

The 25mb limit might just be the answer. I noticed the file gets to about 1/2 sent when time out occurs.
    I resent the file using a "large file" sending service. Recipient not at computer, will have to wait for affirmation.
    Many thanks for taking time to reply
    Skysarge

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds