1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Email virus spam?

Discussion in 'Malware Removal' started by JAFO, Apr 29, 2006.

1. JAFO

JAFO Private E-2

I have been receiving spam regarding two companies lately (iKarma & Pangchuan). I'm averaging six per day - after nearly three years of never having any Spam (pretty good filtering, eh). The email arrives from different domains and email addresses each time as a .gif file, making it difficult to block. I ran the scans on the READ ME FIRST malware section and have attached the documents requested. Please check to see if there are any problems. I noticed a suspicious file called kill2me.exe when i ran the panda scan.

Thanks in advance!

JAFO

Attached Files:

2. JAFO

JAFO Private E-2

Disregard this part - I was in a hurry when I typed it and forgot I downloaded it as part of the programs I was supposed to download.

JAFO

3. Shadow_Puter_Dude

Shadow_Puter_Dude MG Authorized Malware Fighter

If you don't know what program these 2 files are a part of delete them.
    C:\WINNT\pcconfig.dat
    C:\WINNT\system\rules.dat

Post a HijackThis log

4. JAFO

JAFO Private E-2

I deleted both files. The hijack log is attached.

JAFO

Attached Files:

5. Shadow_Puter_Dude

Shadow_Puter_Dude MG Authorized Malware Fighter