emails, read only, no forwarding

Discussion in 'Software' started by sutterkane, Nov 14, 2006.

1. sutterkane

sutterkane Private E-2

Anyone know a way that an personal/private email could be sent, read, but not able to forwarded the email to other computers. A program that would stop sensitive email content from being fowarded but could be read by the original receiptent and would not be blocked ( i.e. blocked by virus detection software etc.) would be handy indeed. That way I could email info about my family etc. without the worry of the email being passed on. Is there a way?
    Thanks

2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

3. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

If I'm understanding what you are saying correctly, then no. Even if you could send information within an email that the recipient was then unable to forward, it still wouldn't stop them copying and pasting it into their own new email and then sending it on to whoever they wanted to.

If information is so sensitive to you about your family, and those you are sending it to are likely to forward it against your wishes, best advice is, don't send it :)

4. TimW

5. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

Interesting...did you try it out Tim? How much extra spam have you got so far ? ;)

Thanks for the link.

6. TimW

Haven't had the need to try it ...but this is the typical response of reviewers:

Saffe does pretty much all of the above (prevent forwarding, make difficult to copy/modify,...). The main drawback is that your recipient has to click on a link to view your message. Other than that it's basically used like regular email.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds