Embrace Your Geekness Day! July 13

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Mimsy, Jul 12, 2017.

1. Mimsy

Mimsy Superior Imperial Queen of the MG Games Forum

It started in the US a few years ago, but it's both possible and highly encouraged to celebrate this marvelous holiday regardless of where you are, and I think we should. Just because we can. :cool:

So. Tomorrow, July 13th, is Embrace Your Geekness Day. A day specifically created for people like us to embrace just how weird we all are, and how sane it keeps us. A day where we pause for a moment and remember this one eternal truth:

[​IMG]

It is a day when we for once take a moment to remember our past, Those painful days long ago when we were nerds, and how we desperately clung to a hope that one day it would be our turn...

Embrace Your Geekness Day, is the day when we remember this above all else:

[​IMG]

The world is ours now. We own everything, and tomorrow is our day to flaunt it. Regardless of what kind of geeks we are.

Wear a Star Trek shirt to work. Gather your friends for an evening of D&D. Re-read the entire Lord of the Rings. Spend the entire day immersed in NASA's Project Juno archives. Play Star Wars music on Tesla coils. Take another crack at Fermat's theorem. Play video games until 3:00 AM. Edit Wikipedia.

Or, in other words: We'll continue to do exactly what we're always doing. We don't care what "normal people" say. :p

2. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

Great Spoiler! :D

3. Imandy Mann

Imandy Mann MajorGeekolicious

Some where I heard if Bill Gates saw a $100 bill blowing in the wind and he stopped to bend over and pick it up, he just lost $10,000 dollars. That man makes some kind of money!

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Dammit I missed this, I could have hassled IT all day?!

5. casiasser

casiasser Private First Class

Nice happening Mimsy,sweet!!:D

6. legalsuit

legalsuit Legal Eagle

:p;)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds