Emulation software detected...

Discussion in 'Software' started by Crazyweasel, Aug 16, 2004.

1. Crazyweasel

Crazyweasel Private E-2

Mmmkay, so I had this problem alonnggg time ago when i tried to play Neverwinter Nights, it said it couldn't run because of CD/DVD Emulation software being detected(I have Roxio, and Nero) so I checked processes made sure they weren't running, and it still didn't work, So i just re-booted and it ended up working fine. Recently I just got it again when trying to play Doom3. Again I checked processes and everything and nothing of the sort was running. Could it have been that I burnt a CD a few days back and haven't restarted my computer yet or something?

Exact Message:

"Cannot Locate DOOM 3 Disk 1
    CD/DVD emulation software has been detected. Please disable all CD/DVD emulation software and re-start the game."

So anyoen know what my problem is?

2. Strogg

Strogg 5-Star Freakin' Geek

you may have some sort of virtual cdrom drive in your computer that allows for cd emulation and such of copy protected games. nwn and d3 and many other games detect the software and disable the games from being run to combat piracy. it's a shame it has to come down to this since it affects all of us honest people. I recommend you try to find it (in roxio, most likely) and disable the virtual drive feature, or uninstall the software alltogether.

3. techgeek

techgeek Private E-2

I've been having that problem only I uninstalled all my burning programs and disabled my burner still I couldn't get NFSU2 to work.Everytime the same message appears. Can someone help me. Could there be anything else doing it or is there something I missed. :rolleyes:

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds