English not avail in 'Regional and Language Settings'

Discussion in 'Software' started by gailcarty, Apr 3, 2008.

1. gailcarty

gailcarty Private E-2

I'm trying to sort out " and @ mix up so I followed the directions to change the regional language. Unfortunately, only US English shows up! Can anyone help me resolve this issue?

Any help greatly appreciated!

Gail:confused

2. usafveteran

usafveteran MajorGeek

You see no other languages, English or otherwise? Where did you get the directions you followed? Please state, step-by-step, how you're attempting to change the language.

BTW, why is this is the Hardware forum?

3. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Moved to software. :)

4. sach2

sach2 Major Geek Extraordinaire

It looks like you can add a language further down in that box. Click add and select the language.

5. gailcarty

gailcarty Private E-2

Last edited: May 1, 2008
  6. sach2

sach2 Major Geek Extraordinaire

Try Start>Control Panel>Regional&Language Options

On the Regional Options tab use the drop down box to select your country English(UK)
    On the Languages tab click Details. In the new dialog box look in the dropdown menu for English(UK). If it isn't there click the Add button further down in the box.
    In the new dialog box use the drop down menu to add English (UK). Click OK.
    Click Apply on the remaining two dialog boxes to close them.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2012
  7. gailcarty

gailcarty Private E-2

I think I love you! :)

Thanks so much - it was driving me nuts!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds