Epox 4PDA5+ Mainboard & P4 2.8GHz

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ExOxE, Jun 3, 2004.

1. ExOxE

ExOxE Corporal

Hi Guys,

Im having a little problem, or big, either way its just ticking me off! I purchased an EPOX 4PDA5+ Mainboard and gutted my Acer Aspire system and built a new PC, but for the life of me I cant do certain crap.

I bought a new ATX Case and installed the new mainboard in it, then I guttered my Acer Aspire T310 PC and put the CPU, Memory, HDD, videocard and Network card in the new Box, I have 17GB worth of data on the HDD so instead of Formatting, I just re-installed windows XP Pro, it deleted the original install and put a new copy on, im using the PC now to write this message, but I am having problems, the PC is locking up when I go to do stuff, like if I go to edit a PC setting, it will lock!

I have installed all the mainboard drivers, installed the latest DX9, WMP9, Messenger, but I cant install the latest SP1, I get a error, so I installed StyleXP, then Uninstalled it, becuause on the previous install I was using that. but that didnt fix my problem!

Any other tips?

Cheers,

David

2. General_Lee_Stoned

General_Lee_Stoned BuZZed Lightyear

First off 99 times out of 100 not going for a completly fresh install of your OS when changing major hardware like your mainboard will cause you major issues

My reccomendation back up anything you need to keep (if possible), format the drive and install your OS ;)

3. ExOxE

ExOxE Corporal

Is there a way to partition the remaining 20GB on the HDD to save my data? I got 17GB of data!

I tryed to get the network going, but it aint seeing the other PC on the network where I want to dump my data, I`ll crap a big fat hissy fit if I loose all my data! Im'a telling you dat now :p

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds