Epson Artisan 835 Printer Paper Feed

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by hytec, Dec 10, 2013.

1. hytec

hytec Private E-2

I am attempting to print 8-1/2X11 half-fold greeting cards (Avery #3265). Most of the time the feed mechanism will not pick the paper. Sometimes the paper will be partially picked, but not advanced all the way to the print position. Occasionally the feed mechanism will work perfectly printing 4, 5, even 6 sheets in succession. I have fanned the paper, tried one sheet at a time, even rolled the leading edge slightly, but this rarely helps.

Has anyone else had this problem? How did you solve it?

Could the feed rollers have something on their surface that causes them to not be "sticky" enough. Is there a way to access the feed rollers to clean them?

Thanks for any suggestions.

2. gman863

gman863 MajorGeek

Welcome to Major Geeks!

First, I would use a can of air duster to clean the inside of the printer. Dust and paper residue can sometimes cause this problem.

If air dusting doesn't work, it is likely an inherent problem with the paper feed mechanism having trouble feeding thick card stock. I have a similar issue with my Samsung color laser CLP-300. If I'm printing card stock, the only sure way to keep it from jamming is to manually feed one sheet at a time.

3. hytec

hytec Private E-2

Thanks for your response. I admit I'm pushing the printer's design envelope by trying to print card stock. Though I developed a work-around by curling the leading 1-2 inches to ease the pain of the 180 degree turn onto the platen. This works some of the time, but it still is finicky getting the curl just right.

However, I have purchased printer cleaner paper at Epson's recommendation, something I didn't know existed. Thanks again.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds