Epson m119b drivers

Discussion in 'Software' started by maxdamage, Aug 18, 2010.

1. maxdamage

maxdamage Private First Class

I have been trying to find drivers for an Epson m119b pos impact printer (this is all the info I know about it) for my brother but cannot seem to find a site that will allow me to download it without having to subscribe to anything.

Does anyone know where I can get a legit copy of the drivers?I have looked at the epson driver sites but I do not know any other info about it and he needs it asap.I need the drivers for me\xp.

Thanks.

2. thesmokingun

thesmokingun MajorGeek

hmm, only thing i could find is a generic 9-pin printer driver for Windows 98, Windows 95, Windows NT 4.0, Windows NT 3.51

I found it by looking at the epson mx100 driver.

3. maxdamage

I have found two site but the one is dodgy and the other one won't allow to register for free as it doesn't send the confirmation email to finish the registration process.

m119b-driver.4.3.1.zip(which links to dodgy site) and
    Driver info:
    Manufacturer: Epson
    Device type: Printer Plotter Multi Office
    Driver name: m119b
    Compatibility: Windows ME, Linux (any), Linux (Mandrake)

File info:
    File name: epson-m119b.zip
    File size: 865 KB
    Added: Sun, 07 Oct 2007 03:57:15 +0200 (by raikkonen)
    Version of driver: 2.5
    and that site links to m119b but won't let me download it. Thanks.

4. thesmokingun

thesmokingun MajorGeek

I saw that site as well, and once i saw the name of the site, and that they wanted an email, i just marked it up as junk. It's a real old printer. I'm guessing a new inkjet printer is better than trying to find a driver to an old dot matrix printer that epson doesnt' even provide a driver for.

5. maxdamage

The thing is a friend\client of my brothers bought a Point of Sale equipment at an auction 6 months ago because they needed one but they cannot afford to buy a new printer for their system.Thats why I am looking for those drivers for them.

6. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

7. maxdamage

8. DavidGP

Hi

Bummer!!! ok try a file splitter and see if you can split this file between a few floppies and then recreate then whole in the donor PC

http://www.spadixbd.com/freetools/jsplit.htm may work for you.

Does this PC have internet or could it be attached to the net? I know network card would need to be present, but also worth a try and that way you could download the global driver whole.

9. maxdamage

As far as I know no.Dn't have neough 3.5 inch disks to transfer the driver too.Found another site that hosts the file but I cannot download it from the site Epson - TM-U200 Series - driver19372.zip

10. DavidGP

Hi

Some of those site are just adverts for driver scanners and you never end up finding the download link to the file, I did search using the file name you left in that link for this file and found it at Driver Guide (another site that makes you jump through hoops) but I had an old account I recovered there and downloaded the file, scanned it for malware see result HERE

and uploaded to my personal Skydrive account HERE for you, do scan it yourself again and I hope it works.

11. maxdamage

Thanks.Sorry but I forgot on friday night to post that I had downloaded 2 file from that site but with my main pc is badly messed up due to the useless techs at the CTT Flora centre branch and I forgot to also mention this to the post due to me having to deal major problems with my pc. The prolems are hardware with the motherboard being the main culprit with a "dead" onboard sound card + mic port,the 2nd replacement graphics card was permanently damaged a week and a half after getting it and I hardly used it and I did not overclock it at all.

Epson TM-T88II, tm-u200db Driver Download and TM U200 Series M119D, TM-U220 PD, TU-U220.I was lucky enough to be able to use some of my brother 3G data bundle with my 3G modem to download those files.

12. maxdamage

Just an update.Turns out the printer cable it stuffed up so he couldn't try out the printer and I haven't a clue whats going to happen now?

13. DavidGP

Hi

Guess without a new printer cable, the printer and new driver is not going to be tested to see if it works.

14. maxdamage

It's no longer my problem as my brother has those two drivers.Honestly I couldn't care as he expected me to perfom miracles with virtually no info about the pos printer.:mad

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds