Epson printing only going through the motions???

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by greybuffalo, Jan 18, 2009.

1. greybuffalo

greybuffalo Staff Sergeant

Hi, could someone please help.
    I have an Epson DX4800 printer/scanner,it's going through the motions of printing,but the pages are coming out blank?
    Just a few days ago it was printing very fine?it has new cartridges in.
    What I did between then and now was disconnect the usb cable.
    I have installed all the latest drivers.
    The computer is recognising my printer and appears to be installed properly,but not taking instructions from it?
    Could this be a port problem?there appear to be so many ports?should it be LPT1? or could it be something else I am goofing up on?
    Thanks!

2. jlphlp

jlphlp Master Sergeant

Hi Grey,

If it's going through the motions but not printing then possibly the heads are stopped up with dried ink or the cartridge is bad. Did you try several cleaning cycles. Sometimes takes 4-5 cleaning cycles before you get results.

Good Luck, Jim

3. greybuffalo

greybuffalo Staff Sergeant

Hi,
    yes I have tried cleaning a number of times.
    Funny thing is they are new cartridges and I used them just a few days ago with success:confused

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds