Epson Stylus Photo RX580

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by CrazyT, Mar 2, 2014.

1. CrazyT

CrazyT Private E-2

I just replaced all cartridges in this printer with Epson cartridges. I get the box that says all are empty. If I remove the yellow and restart the printer all are recognized and tells me to install yellow. If I reinstall the yellow I get the box saying all empty. If yellow and another color are removed, it prompts to reinstall the cartridges. Yellow is the only color causing the problem.

Has anyone heard of this problem and/or solutions? Is it better to take the loss on the 8 cartridges and move up to Canon or risk shelling out for another cartridge?

Thanks in advance.
    CrazyT

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

3. CrazyT

CrazyT Private E-2

Thanks for the link. Interesting information.

This is on my sister's printer. I can tell her buy another cartridge, but this printer is approx 7 years old. I hate to have her drop drop another $15 to find out this is DOA.

Personally, I use generics from a good vendor on Eb** and have had exceptional luck.

If if I described my personal experiences with Epson and their tech support, I would be banned from this forum.

Thank you for the response.
    CrazyT

4. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Have her put in the old yellow cart if it is an Epson one and see if that fixes things before she spends any more $$$.
    Me, I only own HP printers. We have 4 in the house that still work, despite the fact that 2 are extremely old. I think the one was used in DOS and Win 3.11!
    I know I pay a premium for HP carts but the printers just keep chugging along.

5. CrazyT

CrazyT Private E-2

plodr,

She doesn't have the old yellow cartridge anymore. That would make this project too easy.

I'll keep checking for responses, but will just probably have to tell her to buy a different PSC. Even the good ones are reasonably priced. They just stick it to you on the cartridges.

Thanks,
    CrazyT

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds