Erorr!!! Raid Error

Discussion in 'Software' started by Juberto, Jan 22, 2011.

1. Juberto

Juberto Private E-2

I'm rubbish with raid, never come across one before, any help here guys?

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Not a great deal of info to go on sadly, so what is the full error (include any codes if possible) and where does this message show is it on boot or from within the Windows GUI?

What is the Raid setup, Raid0, Raid1 etc?
    How many HDDs are in the Raid Array?

I would on boot see if you can enter the Raid Setup menu (sometimes F4 or CTRL+S to enter the Controller Setup Menu and see if the Array is corrupt or not, maybe able to rebuild it also, but the user may loose all data depending on the type of Raid used), should be a key/s press option when you boot the PC,

Also check that in the BIOS that Raid is setup as the boot device.

3. foogoo

foogoo Major "foogoo" Geek

If it is a 2 drive mirror - pull one cable and see if it boots, if not reconnect and pull the other. Whichever drive boots move to the 0 controller, put the unbootable drive on the 1 controller, boot up & see if the status says rebuilding.

That is how I do the built in Dell mirrors at work.

Bad news if the error was copied to both drives.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds