Erratic Keyboard and Mouse all programs

Discussion in 'Software' started by illyia, Mar 16, 2006.

1. illyia

illyia Private E-2

Optimized, ran all utilities, 8+ gigs left on 18+ gig machine. No viruses, no worms, ran spybot S&D, ran Blaster... changed internal drives for both mouse and keyboard.

Erratic behavior in both units, regardless of program used (on line, forms, PDFs, et al.)

What can I do to stop the insanity? Tested everything, reset everything, clean as a computer can be...

Suggestions from the experts... (man, typing this was work... I am usually very fast...)

Thanks,
    illyia
    :eek:

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Which Windows version or alternative Operating System you using?

Are the Keyboard and Mouse on USB or PS2?

What make are the Keyboard and Mouse as in ( logitec, Microsoft etc )?

Have you looked in Device Manager for any yellow ! marks, if their are any what are they linked to?

Have you Booted into Safe Mode to see if the same happens?

You could also try deleting the Keyboard and mouse from Device manager re-booting and the OS will re-install the basic drivers, just to see if that works, then any specific drivers needed to make them run 100% can be installed.

3. illyia

illyia Private E-2

Hello Halo, thanks for the reply. Here are some answers

Which Windows version or alternative Operating System you using? XP

Are the Keyboard and Mouse on USB or PS2? PS2, compaq presario factory installed keyboard with software for XP.

What make are the Keyboard and Mouse as in ( logitec, Microsoft etc )? Compaq keyboard (before HP bought them, but Presario2100 stock w driver) and "Micro Innovations" optical PS2 corded mouse.

Have you looked in Device Manager for any yellow ! marks, if their are any what are they linked to? No problems registering anywhere in the system... so no links.

Have you Booted into Safe Mode to see if the same happens? So... that is something you can choose to do , eh? No. I have not tried it. Last time it happened I just jumped out of a window, cut my throat and only was recovered by a geek in a squad car.

Safe mode would have to be explained in detail for me to a) try it again, b) think it was relevant, c) think it was relevant.... eeek.

You could also try deleting the Keyboard and mouse from Device manager re-booting and the OS will re-install the basic drivers, just to see if that works, then any specific drivers needed to make them run 100% can be installed. Did this once, did this twice.

Nothing. Any other non "safe mode" suggestions?

God Bless you and please find an answer to my prayers,
    illyia

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Yes but its more a step to track where the problem could be, DO you have a nice friend who has a PS2 Keyboard and Mouse you can test in lieu of yours? ( reason this will narrow down if your Keyboard and Rodent have gone to meet their great techno maker in cyberspace )

Rationale behind "Safe Mode" is that it starts minimal drivers so if there were and conflicts between other devices and your KB and Mouse that would possibly show up in your KB and Mouse working ok in Safe Mode ( to enter safe mode.. at boot time BASH F8 a few times )

Before this happened have you installed anything new or updated any software?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds