Error 0200 Failure Fixed Disk0, while copying data in any of the partitions of HDD

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bluewhale, Aug 10, 2013.

1. bluewhale

bluewhale Private E-2

Hi Friends,

My laptop (Lenovo 3000 Y410) is giving problem in copying data in bulk in any of the partitions of the HDD. While copying data in bulk it gives a blue screen memory dump error and then displays Error 0200 Failure Fixed Disk0.

Though I am able to reboot through power button, access files and able to perform all actions like opening media, video, files, read write in any file.

But as soon as I try to copy/paste data in bulk it gives above mentioned errors in sequence.

Please provide resolution to this problem as I don't want to lose important data from my machine. I also want to get my machine fixed.

Please respond ASAP.
    Thanks in advance.

2. mdonah

mdonah Major Geek Extraordinaire

Re: Error 0200 Failure Fixed Disk0, while copying data in any of the partitions of HD

Could you please post the BSOD Stop errors exactly as they show on the blue screen?

Also, if possible, please post the minidump as a text file attachment.

The experts here will need that information in order to determine a course of action.

3. Digerati

Digerati Major Geek Extraordinaire

Re: Error 0200 Failure Fixed Disk0, while copying data in any of the partitions of HD

Did you try running Error checking on the drive? From within Windows Explorer (File Explorer in W8) right click on the drive, select Properties > Tools, then under Error checking, click on Check. If prompted to allow checking to run at next boot, allow that, then reboot.

What happens if you select just a few files at a time?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds