Error 10005 Showing Alot In Admin Event Logs. Is There Antying To Worry About? (error In Post)

Discussion in 'Software' started by 7orbs, May 13, 2017.

1. 7orbs

7orbs Private E-2

DCOM got error "1084" attempting to start the service WSearch with arguments "Unavailable" in order to run the server:
    {B52D54BB-4818-4EB9-AA80-F9EACD371DF8}
    copy of admin events in files

Attached Files:

2. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

Welcome to Major Geeks.

Please tell us what your exact Operating System is and any Service Pack if installed.
    Describe any actual symptoms/problems while using your system.
    Do you have 'Windows Search' installed?
    If so, have a look at your system start up processes. If Windows Search is installed but not set to start at boot that error is common.

3. 7orbs

7orbs Private E-2

Windows 10 pro anniversary update.
    No major problems as far as I can tell.
    I don't believe I have windows search installed unless it come with windows itself.
    Note: I mainly wanted to see if there was a problem with it.

4. 7orbs

7orbs Private E-2

Also thanks

5. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

You can check easily if Windows Search is set to start automatically this way:
    Type 'services' in the bottom left search box and when you see 'Services - desktop app' just click on it and the alphabetical list of Services will appear. Scroll down to 'Windows Search' and along that entry it should show it as set to launch 'automatically' and should show as 'running'.
    See this pic of mine on Win 10:
    Untitled.jpg

If it does NOT show as 'automatic (delayed start)' then just double click on it and change the start up type to that.

6. 7orbs

7orbs Private E-2

it is running and is now set to automatic (delayed start)

7. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

OK that's strange. I suggest you ignore the event log if you're not seeing any problem. However, it does no harm to run sfc /scannow just to check on the system files integrity.
    It's easy to do:
    right click the far left bottom tile icon and choose 'Windows PowerShell (ADMIN)' - used to be called 'Command Prompt (ADMIN)'
    Up pops a command box. Type in the below exactly with a space between sfc and /scannow
    sfc /scannow

It generally takes maybe 10-20 mins to run fully. At the end it will tell you if it found any corruptions.
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-sg...l-to-repair-missing-or-corrupted-system-files

8. 7orbs

7orbs Private E-2

Have already done that and there were no problems. Also it seems like it wasn't clear, sorry about that. It WAS on automatic so I just changed it to automatic (delayed start)

9. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

OK great. That all sounds fine.

10. 7orbs

7orbs Private E-2

Thanks for your time.

11. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

You're welcome!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds