error 1335 cabinet file core A_~1.cab is corrupt

Discussion in 'Software' started by mandy61, Mar 6, 2009.

1. mandy61

mandy61 Private E-2

Hi, I am trying to install software 'who do you think you are family tree maker. I get so far then get an error message: error 1335. The cabinet file 'core_A~1.cab is corrupt. I have had this problem with all the software that I try to install. I am using windows xp. Can you suggest anything?
    Thanks.

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

3. mandy61

mandy61 Private E-2

Thanks for that, I have already tried clean boot and have disabled windows settings and rebooted and tried again. I have also copied and pasted to hard drive then tried to install from there but no luck. Maybe the disk is corrupted.

Thanks.

4. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Since this is a specific error for a software program that perhaps not too many here use, you may want to post in the Family Tree Maker forum. It looks like quite a few people are seeing this error.
    http://genforum.genealogy.com/install/

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds