error 1402: and I am the only user

Discussion in 'Software' started by Axel Foley, May 13, 2010.

1. Axel Foley

Axel Foley Private E-2

I keep getting this error, and I have tried everything. Tried to uninstall/reinstall Corel Draw to get upgrades. I get this error 1402 and I am unable to uninstall completely. Unable to repair the partially uninstalled program. I followed the advise from Majorgeeks and did a forced uninstall and still get the error when I reinstall. NOW WHAT?:(

2. brandypeppy

brandypeppy MajorGeek

Try running both the cleaner and registry cleaner with this;
    cCleaner

Be sure to make a back up to the registry when prompted.

Then try SAVING the download program to your desktop. Reboot into safe mode, disable any anti virus and other security software, and try installing it from there.

Don't know if this would work, but it would be my first steps. :wave:wave

3. sikvik

sikvik Corporal Karma

Try the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility

Reboot the PC and try installing Corel.

Cheers..

4. Axel Foley

Axel Foley Private E-2

Thanks for the reply. I tried the Windows Installer Cleanup to no avail. I even went in and undeleted the program in the registry. It still gives me the error message. Is this a Trojan? Should I try reloading Windows? A big hammer, perhaps?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds