Error 1402: While installing Adobe Acrobat Reader 9.0

Discussion in 'Software' started by djscottallen, Mar 23, 2011.

1. djscottallen

djscottallen Private E-2

I have the same problem. I went to the registry key:

Hkey_Local_Machine\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Currentversion\run\optionalcomponents\MSFS

It is corrupt. I cannot make an empty key there because I can't rename it or delete it. I am an administrator. I'm stuck. Help please!

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Moved to own thread as versions of software maybe different so have a different solution,

Are you running Acrobat Reader 9.0 and Windows XP or a different version of both please do tell us what Service Pack your Windows is at also?

But I would uninstall Acrobat Reader and then run CCleaner and its Cleaner and Registry tool (run the registry one until nothing shows for removal, do save the registry when it prompts you).

Reboot and disable your Antivirus application and if you have Spybot S&D installed disable it, then make sure you login to the Admin account on the PC, then install the latest Acrobat reader HERE or could try an alternative PDF reader HERE

3. djscottallen

djscottallen Private E-2

I just looked at this thread and they said you should log in as "Administrator" not in the Admin group, but literally as "Administrator", but it doesn't give me that option... and when I try to create a profile for it, it says it already exists. Just an update :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds