Error 19 Toshiba Optical Drive

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by peter333, Feb 18, 2013.

1. peter333

peter333 Private E-2

I basically upgraded form Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit to Windows 8 Professional with a Windows 8 upgrade disk.

However I have lost the ability to check the boot order in BIOS. I can't access it. Not that it matters in a way because my optical drive has disappeared.

I have a set of Toshiba Recovery Disks but I can't utilize them with no DVD drive. My Toshiba details are at http://www.mytoshiba.com.au/support/computers/satellite/p870/psplfa-017001/download?os=30

I tried all the usual workarounds without success. I have the yellow exclamation mark in Device Manager for my hl-dt-st bddvdrw ct40n optical drive. I can't update the driver as Windows says it has the best driver already installed. Basically, I can access an external HDD used for storage or my internal HDD.

I edited the registry as per http://support.microsoft.com/kb/982116 and similar information.

Is there a piece of software (Microsoft Fix it says it has but it doesn't) can help me restore my optical drive and maybe get my F-keys back onboard to access the boot order in BIOS? Thanks.

2. peter333

peter333 Private E-2

I've been able to get my optical drive back. All I need now is to be able to access my BIOS. I need to change the boot order. I can't do this through the Windows 8 Advanced Options unfortunately. Any BIOS software that you may know which would solve this problem please?

3. peter333

peter333 Private E-2

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds