Error 678 and 769 post format

Discussion in 'Software' started by CaptainNemo, Dec 18, 2008.

1. CaptainNemo

CaptainNemo Private E-2

Hello,

I had to format the C drive of my PC due to a nasty trojan attack. Now when i am trying to connect to internet using broadband, the message comes, Error 769.

Can someone please tell me what to do not to connect to internet successfully?

regards.

2. CaptainNemo

CaptainNemo Private E-2

Hello Mark,

Many thanks. I have just format my PC and now when i tried to right click on My Network Places and then select Properties, to my surprise I found that there are icons present for any network.

I am not a techie guy and I really do not know if there are some more actions to be taken after formatting a disk bedore broadband can be set up. I have with me a CD from Intel which contains Intel desktop utlities, software drivers etc. Do I need to run this CD first? Please help.

regards.

3. sach2

sach2 Major Geek Extraordinaire

I would run the Intel CD as it may contain broadband drivers. Put it in and see what options are available.

4. CaptainNemo

CaptainNemo Private E-2

Hello,

I have run the cd but unfortunately am not still able to instal the Huawei MT 882 modem. The LAN light on the modem is not working and the network icon shows 'connected and firewalled'. i am still unable to connect to internet. I have tried running both the MS support links pasted in one of the earlier posts. However they are not working. the network seems enable ad I have got it 'repaired' as well. But still its not giving any result.

I think the main problem is in installing the modem. I do have a instal cd for the modem but when I am playing it, the same is getting stuck at a point and a message comes "if u hv a modem please plug it in the CPU now". But it is already plugged in.

Kind regards.

5. CaptainNemo

CaptainNemo Private E-2

I have tried doing that. The foll are what I have tried so far:

1. Plug the modem in and then run the instal cd
    Result = Fail

2. Run the cd without pluggin in the modem and then when message appears to plug it in, I have plugged it in.
    Result: Fail

6. CaptainNemo

CaptainNemo Private E-2

Hello,

The LAN light on the modem is still not working. But after setting the IP address in the Intel Network icon now the broadband is connected. I dont know the technicality behind the concept but I thought I would share this information with you.

I would like to thank each one of you have so patiently and kindly helped me out.

Regards.

7. CaptainNemo

CaptainNemo Private E-2

Thanks a lot, Mark. How do I close this thread now?

8. CaptainNemo

CaptainNemo Private E-2

Hello,

many thanks. I am facing another trouble with my Microsoft Basic Optical Mouse 1.0A. May I please put this question here? I have put it under the 'hardware' section, but am not receiving much input.

Regards.

9. CaptainNemo

CaptainNemo Private E-2

thanks. I am starting a new thread here. Please see if you can help me.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds