Error: Access violation at 0x00871E1c (tried to read from 0xB4058C9C), program termin

Discussion in 'Software' started by Lvstigers, Oct 15, 2009.

1. Lvstigers

Lvstigers Private E-2

Hi, I am having a problem with access violation error. This was only noticed recently when I attempted to download and play a game from Big Fish Games. I've been a member for a little over a year but I don't always download new games or game trials. This has never happened before, I download the game, it installs in the game manager then during activation or when I click play now this error pops up

Error: Access violation at 0x00871E1c (tried to read from 0xB4058C9C), program terminated
    :confused

Any ideas? :major
    Thanks!

2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

Re: Error: Access violation at 0x00871E1c (tried to read from 0xB4058C9C), program te

:confused I just Googled both error codes, and the only results I get are this thread. Nothing more. That's strange. There's a chance that your download is corrupt. Uninstall the program completely, delete the original download, then re-download and re-install the program, but use a different install directory if possible (for example: if the default is C:\Program Files\BigFish\Game#1 change it to C:\Program Files\BigFish\No1Game), and hopefully that will help.... good luck!
    :)

3. Lvstigers

Lvstigers Private E-2

Re: Error: Access violation at 0x00871E1c (tried to read from 0xB4058C9C), program te

I tried the uninstall/reinstall that didn't change anything. When I check the event viewer this is what it says Event Type: Error
    Event Source: DCOM
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 10000
    Date: 10/15/2009
    Time: 9:51:16 PM
    User: NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE

Description:
    Unable to start a DCOM Server: {1F87137D-0E7C-44D5-8C73-4EFFB68962F2}. The error:
    "Access is denied. "
    Happened while starting this command:
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\wmiprvse.exe -secured -Embedding

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Any other ideas?

Thanks ;)

4. Lvstigers

Lvstigers Private E-2

I'm having all kinds of issues it seems with my computer. I once again regret updating to XP sp3. Last time I updated to XP sp3 my c drive crashed and I had to reformat. I tried looking at my system information, it says it's moved or missing. Is copying files to a cd the same or equal to backing files up? Can copying files like system files cause problems in my computer? I ran all of the programs you suggested in the read me first section would posting the logs here help? Or maybe I should run them again and post the new logs since it seems much has changed on my computer for some reason, did I unknowingly corrupt my important files? Please help if you can....Thank you :wave

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds