Error: BIOS ROM checksum error"

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jeff_connors, Aug 26, 2009.

1. jeff_connors

jeff_connors Private E-2

I was receiving this message intermittently for about two weeks. I replaced the CMOS battery with one I had in the house. Fixed for about a week. Then I received that error again with a high/low siren sound. I replaced the battery with a new one. Now it says "BIOS ROM checksum error" and "insert system disk and press enter." I cleared the CMOS prior to installing the battery. I have reseated/connected the HD, CD drive, and video card. I downloaded the new BIOS but it does not recognized the floppy (connected a 3.5" drive.) Any ideas?

MB: ABIT IP35-E

2. jeff_connors

jeff_connors Private E-2

Thanks. The only problem with that is I have a BIOS error and can't flash the BIOS from within Windows.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds