Error Box not allowing install

Discussion in 'Software' started by chapdaddy77, Dec 27, 2004.

1. chapdaddy77

chapdaddy77 Private E-2

I am obviously new to the "high tech" arena. If not for plug-n-play I would be lost. I need help;

1. I am getting an error box when I try to install a software program on my laptop that I have successfully run on my desktop. I have XP Home and plenty of space. The error box I get contains the following: C:\windows\system32\autoexec.nt "The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and MS Windows applications" What is this and how can I correct it?

2. My new laptop is loaded with WINDVD5 and has anVIDIA card. However when I attempt to play a DVD I get the following; "Create overlay failed, reduce the resolution settings and try again" I have gone through the trouble shoot at least "7" times and have not been able to get the DVD to play. Can you help me?

Thanks
    Chappdaddy77

2. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

3. airwolf9090

airwolf9090 Corporal

ok for number 1 i just had the same problem and i did not have xp disk but what you can do if you dont have xp disk is have one of your friends send you a copy of the file and place it in your system32 foulder and it should fix it thats what i did and it works fine now or just copy it out of your desktop computer and put it in your laptop hope that helps;)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds