error loading ctmbha.dll

Discussion in 'Software' started by pablocafe, Jun 2, 2011.

1. pablocafe

pablocafe Private E-2

My computer was infected and at some point the sound stopped working. I followed all the instructions in the malware removal threads and with some great help have removed all the malware. Even got my sound working again with a quick fix.

However, when I startup/login I get a popup message saying a Dynamic Link Library initialization failed - Error Loading CTMBHA.DLL. Google search says this is soundcard related. I dont need any fancy sound tools. Any way to fix this issue?

thanks!
    pc

2. iain.t

iain.t MajorGeek

Go to ... Start> Control panel> add/remove programs> uninstall your sound driver. go to Start> rightclick Computer> properties> hardware> device manager> expand sound/video and games controllers> click on your sound card and at the page head scan for hardware changes.

this should fix your problem.

iain.t :major

3. pablocafe

pablocafe Private E-2

Thanks, i'm not sure which program to uninstall?

pic of listing in device manager is attached.

in add/remove i have a few programs that seem related??

Creative Audio Pack
    Creative Media Source 5
    HIDefinition Audio Driver Package
    Sigmatel Audio
    Sonic Encoders
    Sonic update manager
    Sound Blaster Advanced MB Drivers
    Sound Blaster Audigy Advanced MB
    Sound Blaster Audigy Advanced MB Product Registration
    Voxware Audio Decoder 1.6

Thanks for the help!!

Attached Files:

4. iain.t

iain.t MajorGeek

Hi,
    Can I have the make and model and any service tags of your machine + what OS you are running, I need this to find the correct drivers/software for you. As you need to uninstall all of the Creative/Sigmatel and Sound Blaster entries, and once they have been removed you will need to install the new drivers in the correct order as a simple 'scan for hardware changes' will not fix this issue. The error you are recieving is in relation to the creative software, the registration .DLL is missing. Do you use any registry cleaner programs?? if so you may well of deleted this by accident.

5. pablocafe

pablocafe Private E-2

I dont actively use any registry cleaners but I did follow all of the malware remove instructions in the readmefirst sticky post. Not sure if any of those programs are registry cleaners.

All info requested is below. thanks again.

Dell Dimension E520
    Service Tag 1NGFCC1
    Windows XP Media Center Edition

oh also, i noticed in Dell Accessories I have a program called Dell Driver Reset Tool. Not sure if that could be any help.

6. iain.t

iain.t MajorGeek

Hi again and thanks for the inf ;).
    I have been reading around and this seems to be a problem with a lot of Dell machines.
    Do you actualy use the Creative software? if not then I would uninstall it...

Creative Audio Pack
    Creative Media Source 5

Your Audio will work perfectly well without this software, uninstalling it will get rid of the annoying error.

Any more issues with the Audio post back and we will get it sorted.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds