Error loading nvcpl

Discussion in 'Software' started by funkyecat, May 18, 2009.

1. funkyecat

funkyecat Private First Class

This morning the computer was okay.

In the afternoon, I started getting the error message "error loading nvcpl", I cannot restore a previous 'restore point", Avira anti Virus will not scan nor manually update (Nothing happens) and some strange things are happening. Sounded like a virus (I use Commodo Firewall.) Multiple anti-virus websites showed no virus.

Win XP

2. funkyecat

funkyecat Private First Class

No malware found.

3. Cat_w_9_lives

Cat_w_9_lives Major KittyCat

Funkecat, look at your post:
    Is it nvcpl.dll or nvcpl.exe? Exact errors are a good thing :)

You could not do the Read and Run Me in 39 minutes, took me hours to follow it correctly and I play with software for fun. Most of the posters that can't update their virus software have malware.

Download Malwarebytes and check for Updates then run Malwarebytes and see if it picks up anything.

Malwarebytes:

http://www.majorgeeks.com/Malwarebytes_Anti-Malware_d5756.html

Unless you did something to change your system, like installing/uninstalling/updating all the facts point to malware. So either tell us exactly what you did or follow directions given by the people trying to help you.

4. foogoo

foogoo Major "foogoo" Geek

How about reinstalling the Nvidia drivers? Tried that?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds