Error message(doing my head in!!!)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dingledongle, Jul 9, 2006.

1. dingledongle

dingledongle Private E-2

Hi guys anyone got any ideas how I can solve this problem??? Printing error messages, (win xp prof)
    I downloaded the drivers for my hp DeskJet 6122 and followed the recommended procedure, on the hp website (I haven’t got drivers on cd)

The printer is working fine, but I keep getting error message on startup which says-found new hardware (hp 6122 printer) then the print drivers try start to reload and the print wizard also starts up.

I have only one printer on my PC and have already tried deleting the printer and redownloading the drivers, but still end up with the same massages.

I have also tried refreshing the print port by deleting, then reinstalling it, but still no luck,
    any ideas before I bash the mofo with a hammer???

2. brownizs

brownizs MajorGeek

How is the printer hooked up (USB or Parallel)?

3. dingledongle

dingledongle Private E-2

4. brownizs

brownizs MajorGeek

Try unhooking the printer, uninstall the drivers, then reinstall and after, hook the printer back up. As for ImageZone, I do not use it, due to I use PhotoShop for photo editing.

5. dingledongle

dingledongle Private E-2

I have already tried unhooking and deleting the drivers, but still the same result, is there any way I can turn off the hardware error messages??? so that my PC does not detect new hardware???

Thanks for trying to solve this problem and I'm sure we will get it sorted in the end----keep on geeking:) :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds